Last Chance Maybe Pile

by - 12:42:00 PM


I’m an organizing freak and I loooove a good declutter … Every now and then I go around the house downsizing all categories and my makeup drawers ain’t any exception.  Though, in this process, there are some bits I find myself torn if I should keep or not; afraid that one day I might need them but in reality, if there is no added value then there is no point keeping it… To give an end to my misery, I usually give my maybe pile a last try and settle on which ones are worth holding on to and those to be tossed/given away. 

E.L.F Beautifully Bare Foundation Serum | I have listed this one back in 2016 in my “Disappointing Products”, yet I kept it to give it a proper go as a “tinted primer” and I haven’t. I certainly couldn’t wear it on its own as I love a good coverage, but this time, I went on with my concealer on top of my flaws and to my surprise this little bottle wowed me; it’s insanely lightweight and it makes my skin look so radiant and even. With an SPF 25, this foundation would make a great choice for summer days and the no makeup looks. For the time being, this bottle is going nowhere and will definitely retain it. 

Makeup Revolution Fortune Favours The Brave Palette | Regular readers would know by now that I’m a huge fan of Makeup Revolution as it stands and when I spotted this palette I had to have it. It is certainly a different palette than the MR’s typical ones in terms of design, shadow size pan and versatility. Though I do like the great finish/color diversity, the pigmentation of some shades didn’t do a whole lot for me making them quite hard to work with. I have been trying this one on and off but, despite all the hype it was around it, I couldn’t make myself love it as much as the Iconic Pro 1, Pro 2 or the recently reviewed Neutrals Vs New-trals palette. Therefore, I’m passing this along to someone who could make a better use out of it.

Catrice High Glow Mineral Highlighting Powder | It is the only baked highlighter I own. I was very excited to have it but not so much after I tried it. It is a silvery champagne shade that’s supposed to provide a glamorous glow, but that was too obvious on my skin tone. The texture as well is quiet dry for my liking and has a lot of kick off leaving a chaos of stubborn glitter on my face. Unfortunately, this is a pass. 

Too Faced Rock N Roll Palette | I first got this palette for the packaging. I loved the color theme of the eyeshadows but never thought that’s what I would go for one day. And I did. And I loved it! To make the whole story short it’s a “glam meets pretty”. However, two things not to forget with this palette; wet your brush for an intense metallic/foiled effect and DO YOUR EYES FIRST. The shadows easily last for a good 8-9 hours. This is another one that’s for now going nowhere. It is a KEEP. 

Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme! Leather Black Volume Mascara | It is usually difficult for me to fall in love with a mascara and once I do I stick to it. Maybelline makes some of my favorite ones and when I got my hand on the Colossal Go Extreme I assumed it’s at the same level of quality. But No. I normally look for volume and length, as I’m blessed with none, and this one claims to offer extra volume and that’s not at all what I got… I’m also not a big of the wand shape as I like it to get to the tiniest of my lashes which is not the case here. I couldn’t see any added value. Currently, I have few other mascaras that I love way more than this one. 

At last, I’m keeping 2 products out of 5. It surely makes me feel good despite that’s not a huge number looking at my entire makeup collection. This is it for today. Stay tuned as there is more to come!


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I thought about getting that makeup revolution palette when it came out but, even though it looks beautiful, the shades just don't really convince me 100% so I never got around to it haha

    Angela | DreamsAndLashes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After trying it, you did good not to pick it up. There are several MR palettes that have way better quality...

      Delete