Disappointing Product #4

by - 10:53:00 AM


Occasionally I come close some of the products that miss the mark. Although I tend to make considered purchased, there are some bits and bobs that don’t live up the hype or let me be more specific, they don’t live up to MY expectations. Once again, in these kind of posts, I emphasize that the products didn’t work for me only but they aren’t necessarily bad and might be HG for others. 

Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in Bronzer | This is a product that has been well hyped and everyone seem to go nuts for it except few and I’m one of those. I first had to purchase it online as it wasn’t available in UAE or if it was, the price was 3 or 4 times more. Not only it took forever to reach but also it was shredded. I let you guess my frustration… I took a deep breath though and was hoping that the bronzer will blow my mind and make me overcome my first letdown but since it’s mentioned in this post, it didn’t. It is a smooth powder that’s bordering a cream, gives a warm glow, the smell takes you to a tropical island and all that jazz. BUT it did translate into nothing on my light skin tone, seriously nothing! The packaging, despite the lovely print, is too bulky. The Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer is a good product but only for a niche skin tone, being the pale gals. 

Max Factor Creme Puff Pressed Powder | Max Factor, founded by the man who invented the word “make up”, is a brand I haven’t tried much from. Recently, I have read a touching history about their pressed powder; Creme Puff. It’s a product that has been passed down generations. It’s even mentioned somewhere that it was the only pressed powder back then, unfortunately I’ve got nothing on hand to affirm the said, yet I honestly can’t seem to get how such product survived all these years. The powder is an old-fashioned formula that has a quite rough texture at touch, which perfectly explains the heaviness on the skin once on. It literally felt like an air blocking layer on top and looked chalky and cakey on my skin. The strong baby powder scent it has, was another disappointment adding to it the very dark shade range for a pressed powder. Sadly, the Max Factor Crème Puff Pressed Powder doesn’t meet my makeup concerns at no level.  

Catrice AllRound Contouring Palette | As a contour lover, I have been on the lookout for the best cream contour product for quite some time. Still I have to admit that I enjoy the Maybelline Master Contour V Shape Duo Stick, talked about here, however the more I got to the bottom the harder it gets to apply. Having spotted the Catrice Contouring Palette and for just few bucks, I could only help myself get it and I regret it. The packaging is great; very sleek and travel friendly. Nevertheless, the creams are not soft as a cream product is supposed to be and are truly hard to work with. The pigmentation is again very opaque letting the shades blend into nothing. With this I guess my quest for the perfect cream contour is still on. 

I Heart Chocolate Bronze And Glow | Unusually, this is no dupe. As we all know, the I Heart Makeup rocked the packaging of the chocolate palette range. For a matter of fact, I picked this one for its packaging. The powders are soft creamy yet a lot of fallout is noteworthy. Not to mention that the bronzer is not even visible on my light complexion even when I tried to build it up. Regrettably, the Bonze And Glow palette comes in one shade and would only thrill the pale skin folks. 

Kiko Eyebrow Fibers Coloured Mascara | I picked this product in the hope to find and affordable dupe to my beloved Benefit Gimme Brow but I didn’t. It is quite pigmented I’ve got to admit and has a liquid-y formula which ain’t practical as well as the huge wand as I always end up having some product on my forehead that I have to clean while I prefer a small wand to target the small hair without making a mess. Another drawback is the longevity; the Kiko Eyebrow Fibers held my brows in place but as long as the benefit one does. 

Catrice Re-Touch Light-Reflecting Concealer | My experience with this one was terrible. Simply it’s none of what it claims. It’s way too thick for an under eye, too drying and heavy. In fact, it accentuated my fine lines like no other concealer. The twist was also a nightmare; I kept turning for too long and once the product popped it was way too much. 

This is it for this day.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'v heard great things about that phisicians formula bronzer, Tati Wesbrook from youtube loves it! It's so interesting to see how things work differently on everyone!
    I've thought about getting that makeup revolution palette before so I'm glad I didn't haha

    Angela | DreamsAndLashes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed ... In fact, the Butter Bronzer is an HG for a lot of people yet it didn't make it for me. It is suitable for pale skin tone while I have a light complexion. But as of formula and texture it is a great one !!! I hoped that MR palette would work for me and had high hopes on it yet it let me down mainly once again because of the skin tone...

      Delete