The Body Shop Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask | Review

by - 12:17:00 PM


I can’t deny my love for nature and facial masks. When both combined in one jar I’m totally SOLD. For ages, women were using kitchen ingredients to take care of their skin and no surprise that most current skin care products are or claim to be based on such elements too. When I spotted the Body Shop superfood masks, I was intrigued to have my hands on them but I decided to only pick the Chinese Ginseng & Rice Clarifying Polishing Mask for now.

First of all, can we appreciate the upscale packaging?? A glass jar, very minimalistic yet fancy… Very thoughtful!

This mask is allegedly made not only to remove dullness and unevenness but also to illuminate and revitalize the skin. It is inspired by the Chinese beauty rituals where rice and ginseng are very popular for their beauty properties, however their place in the ingredient list is lower than what you think. Instead, the clarifying abilities are largely thanks to the Kaolin, which helps soak up all impurities from the pores along with a gentle exfoliation in the form of Luffa Cylindrica Fruit. Conjointly, the sesame seed oil and rice extract help soften for a smooth complexion while the clay works its wonders.

Despite its price, this mask is a great choice when my pores and skin texture are in need of a little extra maintenance. It has a rich consistency that’s somewhat milky yet thick with fine exfoliating particles while being completely paraben, silicon and mineral oil free.


I can admit that it lives up to its claims, though the ingredients aren’t as I wished them to be; my combo skin feels silky soft, hydrated, even and bright while my oily T-zone is clear. In fact, the Body Shop Chinese Ginseng & Rice Mask always feels like a spa treatment afterwards with its typical fresh Asian scent that has a touch of orients.  It’s certainly a wonderful refreshing experience that helps slough away my dull skin. I can only be keen to try more from this range.



You May Also Like

0 comments