Review: John Frieda Frizz-Ease Heat Defeat Protective Styling Spray and Secret Weapon Finishing Crème

by - 9:44:00 PM

Hi Ladies,

This post is especially for those ones suffering with their curly or simply frizzy hair (like mine). For quite a long time I hated it. I had all kind of thoughts on how to fix this freaking thing to have it under control instead of that electrified hair. By the way, let me give you a hint of the background; I’ve got fine wavy hair and frizzy on top… Not that bad however years back it was seriously like s*#@. How I fixed it? That’s a long story that I will talk about later. 

Every time I went to the beauty salon, I wished and prayed that my hair would remain for the rest of my life as beautiful as it looks when the beautician was finished. And of course that  never happened. The worst thing was my total conviction that I will never be able to do something about it, and will never afford all these sprays, creams and whatever it is which anyway will be wash out the next day… Gosh that was a complete nightmare until I finally found my ass savers; The John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Crème and the Frizz Ease Heat Defeat Styling Spray, which I picked just because of the countless reviews in the bloggers community raving about how awesome their products are.


I’ll start off with the Heat Defeat Styling Spray, as per my order of application. The reason why I picked this was to make sure that my hair doesn’t fry after straightening. Again, my hair was a big mess, you wouldn’t want to see it. I normally spray it all over my dry hair, just before blow drying and since I started using it, the dry ends are completely gone, my hair looks healthier and straightens with total ease and also helps it remain smooth and shiny throughout the day.


Coming up to the secret weapon finishing crème, which I think is discontinued, I have to say that I’m kicking myself for not using this wonder earlier. It is a smoothing crème meant to be used after styling your hair with a concentration on the ends. As it’s called, it’s indeed a  secret weapon, to a healthy, silky and shiny hair, giving it that salon look.. Believe me, definitely the same look§.

This crème works beautifully on immediately calming the hair, excluding that greasy feeling thanks to its lightweight formula and let’s not forget to mention the cute scent it has.  


Being so amazed about these 2 beauties, you wouldn’t believe that I never had a look at their ingredients. And to my big surprise, it contains paraben ….. What the hell??? It’s no secret I’m in love with this John Frieda combo; certainly they secured their spot in my hair care routine. However I should start looking for a ‘healthier’ products to replace it. 

I’ve had this stuff for ages now and I think I’m just beginning the second half of it. It’s dirt cheap for what you can achieve with. If it’s not for the paraben, I would highly recommend them but for those who don’t care about this part, both products are worth trying!

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks again for your reading!


You May Also Like

1 comments