Breast Cancer Awareness

by - 1:23:00 PM

                                                         

Hi My Ladies,

October is by far fall season, halloween for some, but most importantly it’s Breast Cancer Awareness month. I felt it was appropriate to honour in some form or another the survivors, fighters and the ones who lost someone close.

I’m sure that everyone of us, know or heard about someone who was or is touched by the breast cancer. I know how devastating it could be and unfortunately it happens more often than we would like. 

I’m with deep sadness typing these words; breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among women and the second cause of death for women around the world. However from the bright side, scientists have been able to discover different methods of catching cancer at an early stage.

Take a little time and get yourself checked. It’s super stressful to head for a mammogram, I personally was literally shaking,  I thought of grabbing my handbag and run out of the hospital, all kind of gloomy ideas came into my mind, I started even to cry before meeting the doctor; just by anticipating how the conversation will be, all this happened during the minutes I waited for my turn to go in…. Yes it is though! 
But, our health, ourselves, families, friends and all our surroundings deserve that effort to be done. In fact, early detection saves lives and while most of us women are aware of the breast cancer, many forget to take steps to detect it in its early stages. Let’s then bring awareness to the powerful impact of prevention and early detection as well as honouring and supporting the women who have lost their lives or those currently fighting breast cancer. 

Be sure to schedule an annual mammogram with your doctor and perform self great exams.


You May Also Like

0 comments