DIY Makeup Setting Spray

by - 9:33:00 PM



Frustrated about your makeup absorbed into your skin or slipping off mid-day?? Well you’re not alone… For years, my only quick fix is to touch up multiple times per day and especially during summertime.  I’ve heard that the best option, in addition to using a primer, it’s having a setting spray on hand. I myself never invested in one. Trying one would just make me buy it over and over as it is something that I have heard nothing but good things about.

Hence I decided to make my own at home.  For that you’ll need:

Distilled water or bottled water (Not the tap water)
Glycerin
Green Tea sachet – This is to add caffeine for the refreshed look.
Fresh medium size cucumber – This is to calm the redness and to take care of the darkness in the eye area.
Travel size spray bottle




Two or all of below essential oils:
Tea Tree Oil – Anti bacterial, anti septic & anti fungal.
Rose Oil – Anti bacterial, anti septic & would make the mixture last longer.
Lemon Oil – This will extend the life of cucumber extract.



Direction:

Boil 1 cup of water (distilled or bottled), once the water is boiling, turn off the heat and throw the green tea bag and 1 full cup of chopped cucumber & let it blend for couple of minutes. After the mixture has cool down, drain it and add the important essential oils. You will need 4 drops of tea tree oil, 2 drops of rose oil and 1 drop of lemon oil. I didn’t have the tea tree oil back then so I basically used 5 drops of rose oil and 2 drops of lemon oil. Stir completely and set aside.

In another container, grab 2 tbsp of glycerin, 4 tbsp of above mixture and add 6 tbsp of water (distilled or bottled) and blend them thoroughly. Pour the mixture in the travel size spray et Voila!!!!

This is not the only recipe existing, however this is the one I tried. I’m neither a dermatologist nor a makeup professional; this is just what’s working for me. And yes it could not work for you… I should be sharing new recipes in this regard very soon.

I hope you enjoyed, I personally love my DIY setting spray and not only that; it works perfectly for much cheaper than those fancy high end products. 


You May Also Like

0 comments