My Lips Savers

by - 6:12:00 PM

There are few things in winter I can't live without; socks, hand creams, foot cream,....And lip balms. Every year I go hunting for a remedy for my dry lips, I've tried many of the balms but there was always something I'm not happy with, either the scent, texture, the performance of the product, ....whatever, UNTIL, I found the right and perfect formula for a pampered pout.


To be honest I haven't been using a specific lip scrub lately as it's recommended everywhere, I only apply, during shower, my facial scrubs/exfoliators all over my face and that's it. However there is a famous DIY scrub I make it, whenever I have time, by mixing brown sugar with honey and a tiny squeeze of lemon or virgin olive oil. In case DIY is not your thing there are plenty of good and affordable alternatives.

Step two, is moisturizing and I believe it's the one that made the difference. It's actually a two steps in one, I first apply my DIY facial serums, shared here,  morning and night. Next, I switch between Nuxe Rêve de Miel Lip Balm and Noviderm Soothing Repair Lipstick to maintain soft and smooth lips. Believe me nothing performs better than these little beauties.

The consistency of the Rêve de Miel is quite thick with a chocolate orange scent.. Which is not bothering, though is not the chocolate I would choose for a sweet bite. I usually apply it before going to bed and the next morning my lips are significantly moisturized and soft... Package wise, I'm so in loooove with the little frosted glass pot.


The Noviderm, from the other hand, is as effective as the nuxe lip balm, with a sweet floral scent and a very smart and practical packaging. The texture though is lighter but very hydrating.

My last obsession that protects my lips is the Rimmel Lip Conditioning Balm which I reviewed here.

It's not lie, these stuff ended my lips misery. And you know what? I can wear matte lipsticks without worry... If you don't own one of these, grab your shoes and have a run to get one of them home. You won't regret it.

Thanks for reading :)


You May Also Like

0 comments